PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 03:05
Bagoongathipon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stand by my statement that the MPL is, at the moment, a worthless licence unless the ICAO rules/law changes to make it a GA licence not depending on any sponsoring airline SOPs. And I'm not the only one making that afirmation here.
The problem with you is that you think that what CA/CAAP/ICAO is doing is already finalized.

What we are pointing out is that CA/CAAP/ICAO are all adapting to the needs. And it does not take a day or two.. it takes months.

Making it a GA license and not depending on any sponsoring airline SOPs? If you are really indepth with whats going around CA/CAAP/ICAO, they have been planning this for months already. CA has given them proposals already. Atfirst ICAO and CAAP didnt like the idea but eventually, CAAP agreed on something. (hmm.. what did they agree upon? well, you're indepth knowledge with whats happening means you know whats cooking for months)

While this suggestions sounds good, making a MPL GA license might be a blunder also. What happens when CA has already given a nonsponsored student his/her 12 TAGS? He gets his license yet doesnt have an airline to work on. And, thats even worthless if he doesnt get an airline in 6months?! What makes the MPL supposedly attractive is that there's an airline waiting for you to continue and finalize your training on the type specific equipment. All these has been messed up when the first management accepted non-sponsored cadets. And yes, the current CA management is working on something for these nonsponsored cadets.

Lucky for Filipino nonsponsored cadets is that PAL, Cebu Pac and Zestair has almost the same SOPs. So, whatever training nonsponsored students get here, it will be easier for them to adapt to the company SOPs.