PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 02:47
nt.pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Bahoona: its really good you are going to uni and want to be a pilot. I am currently doing the same, I am studying Information Technology at Uni and am also learning to fly part time on the weekends. Its hard but its worth it. I have been flying since last July and have 42 hours so far, about to get my GFPT. Its good to have a degree as a backup just in case there is a downturn in the industry like there is at the moment.

My long-term plan was to go to uni, get a job, save up, do full-time training, work as an instructor/REX cadet, become a F/O somewhere.

I finish uni this year so I am planning for the next few years now, just wondering if anyone has any advice? Anyone who has gone from full-time work/uni and taken the big risk of leaving their job to do training and become a pilot? I initially thought the REX cadetship sounded like the best option but from what I have read on these forums I am having doubts!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated