PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Griffins In Akrotiri
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2002, 21:22
Jeep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab@somewhereotherthanSAAvn:

It cant be that hard, they let you do it mate. When are you going to change your nickname?

I had two lovely years at 16 Flt and it is a shame that the AAC will no longer be part of Athrodites Isle. Rumour has it that exchange posts were offered, but turned down by Wallop, just a rumour of course.

As to the AAC ability to conduct SAR? There is more than one way to peel an orange. As with most flying disciplines with the Brit rotary world, if you want the Gold plated version and you have taxpayers money to burn, go Crab. If you want the other end of the market, my own firm does a very good job, and great value for money. If you want a middle ground solution, then the fisheads are your men. Simple graph. Value for money on the Y scale and cost on the other. See where your X's lie. CBF clearly has a very big pot of dosh.

Imagine if they stopped the crabs going to cyprus though, where would they get sunshine and a rest away from NI? Not a bad thing to share it around i think. Create a few exchange posts and lets mix a bit more and then [email protected] can have another tour with us, as his love of the 'white van drivers of aviation' seems to have worn off.