PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS (Commuter) bringing out the axe!!!
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2002, 20:13
KADS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Penguin, I'm not sure excactly what you mean, but if you mean that Cimber picks up what SAS is abondoning and SAS keeps flying thier pax with Cimber, as codeshare, yeah I do consider that a kind of outsourcing. My point is that if the unions allow the larger companies to drop routes to the benifit of smaller ones within the same "co-operation", in the long run the working conditions for the entire pilot community in scandinavia will be lower. Every smaller airline's unions look to the bigger airlines when they cut deals and value their workforce's "worth" and thereby, if we allow a larger amount of production being flown at a lesser "cost" (read pilot salary, worse union deal etc) the overall standard for the pilot community will be lower. Soon Cimber's pilots will see there own production being taken by a company where the production is even cheaper ie. even lesser paid pilots with worse union deals etc. Therefore my opinion is that the unions should work towards initially strive to have the "original" production supplier slim their operations a much as possible before giving it up to lesser paid pilots (productions suppliers). Im not saying that production that is totally un-economical for a company to fly, should be held on to, but if you look att SC work loss contra the pick up for Wideroe and Braathens that is morally wrong and will lessen the union deal standards in the long run.

Secondly a think it is a shame what the SC union is doing to their pilots compared to SAS Airline. It is time to put pressure on your union representatives!