PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Utilities Cap
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2009, 09:53
Osprey55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management in this company have bragged that they enjoy certain liberties not possible in other airlines because of the fact that we are not unionized. This argument, while completely pathetic, does not excuse a violation of a contract and displays a complete lack of integrity on the part of each and every member of the management team. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves!!

I may be one of the few who squeaked in under the "average" but I have still written to complain and I encourage all of you to do the same. This applies, not only to the guys in company villas, but also to guys outside company accommodation as well as those in apartments. All of our contracts have been violated whether it affects you financially this time around or not. If they feel we don't care it just makes it even easier for them to do it again next time. If Emirates fails because the utility bills of some people is above average then we may as well go home now as this money grab will not postpone the inevitable by even one single day. This is an insult to our intelligence and a disgrace to the aviation industry.

Of course, this one item on its own will not break the bank, just as it won't save the company, but in combination with all the other things they are taking away it will have a serious long-term impact on your chances of getting out of here with a reasonable chance of a healthy retirement. However, if anyone believes that all the little things they have taken away from us will save the company they are, once again, woefully misled. Ok... perhaps the profits may drop a bit, but US$406,000,000 profit in a year when the rest of the world is bleeding red hardly warrants alienating your employees - especially when the 'locals' don't stand a dog's chance of achieving anything close to what we've done for them.

I am so tired of hearing how other pilots around the world would happily sacrifice a little 'for the cause' in order to keep their jobs. They are not here, they are back home, and they don't have to put up with this "beautiful" place with its shiny buildings.