PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2009, 23:47
max1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management are desperate to get Version12 in as it provides seamless upgrades i.e. we don't have to go to a degraded system whilst upgrades are done.

Why is this you ask. Because the seamless upgrades are required to allow the use of the Flight Plan Conflict Probe (FPCP or FPCTool) to be used on the operational platform. It doesn't pass the safety case in degraded modes.

The FPCP will allow 'Free Flight' that the GSH promised to industry last year at Waypoint 2008 Conference. At this same conference the GM ATC assured industry that ASA would stop over-promising and under delivering. The conference is usually held in July/August. Embarrassing.

The one centre concept is just more 'smoke and mirrors'. If you have less than 10-15 years to go (which is probably most of us in Vegas) I wouldn't worry about updating the winter wardrobe.

It is just more spin that allows ANOTHER project team to justify their existence and get up their FF points.

I hope V12 does get up in a usable form and we can give the industry what ASA keep promising. We then run into the problem that the procedural sim exercises will all then need to be redone. From what I am hearing not a lot of work has been done in this regard yet.