PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - end of TRSS at easyjet
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2009, 23:16
caulfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted on the "LOw-Cost will it fail" thread and I know the truth in what I said upset people.Well,it upset those people who are party to this scandal.This thread says it all in black and white and demonstrates that what I was saying is plainly true.

At the end of the six months these guys have a frozen ATPL and 4-5 hundred hours in an A-319.

Is that such a bad deal??
I've been reliably informed that the foundation course is now £8,000.

Selection is £184.

£100,684.

Bargain at half the price!
The deceptive way easyjet use a beard(CTC) to get their full pool of self-funded co-pilots is similar to ryanairs use of a certain Dutch training establishment.Very sneaky and under-handed.By making it a totally separate institution(CTC),they distance themselves very nicely from any finger-pointing and can even play the "we're giving these new guys their first break in a new jet" card,making it seem as if theyre the good guy.Very sneaky.Comments from the two posters above make my stomach turn.Theres nothing good about taking advantage of people,inexperienced or otherwise.Something should be done about it.It should be stopped or curtailed(traditional bond not this mortgage-your-soul-to-be-a-pilot bond).Problem is theres no union powerful enough to stop it because pilots today arent what they used to be(unions are only as good as their membership)What I do know is that this would not have been allowed just 15-20 years ago.

You can say its a sign of the times,and that is certainly what the unscrupulous easyjet and ryanair want you to believe.As evidenced by this mind-boggling bit of self-delusion from one idiot:
"they pay us £1k a month for 6 months. At no point are we paying to fly."

It's actually your own money coming back to you, hence the lack of NI/Income Tax etc etc etc

easyJet are *not* paying you, nor are you ever an employee of theirs.

Instead of "paying to fly" you're just doing the job for free, hardly much difference is there?

The only difference in the past was the guaranteed job at the end, thus people overlooked that you were working for free. Now there is no guaranteed job, you are now just getting the type rating and line flying included in the £69k you pay up front.
As long as we have pilots like this who are willing to be led like lambs to the slaughter,then what chance is there for this once-great profession?

Right now there is a huge supply of cheap, high-quality but low-houred pilots to take advantage of - therefore easyJet does! If we have to take experienced type-rated pilots we will do so and pay the market rate.
Yes,God forbid that dross like easyjet should ever consider hiring pilots that are actually experienced and havent filled CTC's(and hence easyjets) coffers beforehand.