PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guidance for aspiring Pilots needed
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2009, 22:22
rhinoboy55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love it or Be Realisitic

Man,
I hope your father has enough money to support you for the rest of your life, because you probably will never be able to do it being a professional pilot. As the fellow said before, believe him. If you stay single and live in a small flat, well maybe you can do it. And how are you going to deal with the ****ty maintenance that seems to be the norm these days in Asia? Ok some real good maint guys out there but generally it's a night mare. You don't fly the plane, then **** off find another job. Microscope up your ass, everyone waiting for you to screw up. And you will, trust us. You decide. How about your tyrant boss who makes you live in a dorm with three other pilots and staff? Awake at 2am for a flight through a wall of thunderstorms? Have you thought about all this? You should. Reconsider is my advice as I told me nephew many years ago, he a is a successful lawyer, (no I don't love lawyers generally either) wakes up when he wants brother, not when some moron tells him to. The only people you will impress in your uniform is a few children when you walk through the terminal. And Oh by the way flight attendants hate pilots! Ok, so if you really love sitting in a noisy cockpit all day watching the world below you, then maybe it's for you. It's really not what most young men think it is.