PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I think I cheesed off Gloucester tower yesterday for going around
Old 31st May 2009, 20:49
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no question that you did what is right for you by going around. It depends a lot on your level of experience at how late a landing clearance you can comfortably take and especially with someone in early solo work you have to be comfortable and only do what is right for you. Anything else is asking for an accident.

Reading between the lines you mentioned that ATC asked if you were nervous and if there was a problem. You also mentioned banging your head and going dizzy.

When it is turbulent your transmit finger can bounce on the transmit button making the transmissions cut and even your voice can falter couple that with feeling dizzy and its possible that ATC picked up something in your voice and were just concerned that you were OK and didnt need any special handling.

Take it in a positive way as a good learning experience in fairly rough conditions and be pleased with the descisions you made

Pace