PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - end of TRSS at easyjet
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2009, 20:48
EZYramper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"No FlexiCrew isn't the fault of the cadets, it is the only way CTC can generate cash flow in the short term. But in CTCs short-termism they have probably removed the last decent chance of becoming an airline pilot in this country. TRSS possibly wont be back if CTC can survive these difficult economic times - CTC have an ever increasing holdpool of people who will no doubt be more than desperate enough for the 6 months work on offer each year. You can't blame EasyJet though, it makes perfect economic sense for them. Well done CTC"

TheBeak, I personally don't think that CTC came up with the FlexiCrew scheme completely out of thin air. I was under the impression that easyJet wanted a way to reduce crew costs by having a winter crew base with contract summer pilots. CTC, being their training organisation, implemented this for them. The inital idea seems to lie with easy'.

I'm not trying to turn easyJet into the bad guy, they are just trying to survive in a horrendous environment. No one wants pilots being laid off.

jb5000,

a lot of those cost will be incurred by anyone doing training anywhere, its a fact of life that if you do a full time course you're going to lose potential wages and if you do go integrated you're going to fork out about 60k, its not specific to people who trainined with CTC and go on to be Flexicrew.

The loss of 8 months wages can't really be counted, if its not even an option, then its not a loss.

Also, costs now aren't what I or any FlexiCrew cadets paid so its a bit irrelevent how much selection currently is.