PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 31st May 2009, 18:39
Stelios1984

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mikehotel152

I COMPLETELY AGREE, and I'm sure you speak for many of us.

"I didn't pay for this, I didn't pay for that..." well good for you that I'm sure you managed to start your career in better times - congratulations. If this is your attitude, then I'm sure NOBODY would like to get in the cockpit with you. I would certainly turn around and refuse to fly with an egoist such as you as it would compromise passenger safety.

If, as you say, people are (have) prostituting themselves, then how can others compete? Like me, I would rather not pay for a Type Rating, however, I am faced with this or watching my colleagues and many other people jump ahead of me and possibly never get my dream job.

The fact of the matter is, with Ryanair, you see what you get, if it's not for you then hey. However, I'm hopeful I will suitably impress, fly a brilliant aircraft, for an extremely strong and expanding company, and be with them for many years and in turn actually earn back EVERY PENNY of the type rating cost in tax rebate.

I say good luck to any cadet, in such hard times anyone who manages to have even a sniff of a job deserves to be happy. It's hard work out there.