PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS £45m Cost Savings - Suggestion Box
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2009, 14:36
man friday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel that Paul Barron is correct with some of his ideas, they just need a bit of fine tuning.

Nice idea with regards to night shift manning, however i think its not the ops room that needs looking at.

According to my HR web page, i have an HR buisiness partner AND a deputy at my beck and call. Surely a tad extravagant, especially when the reply to my questions consists of a cut and paste from the staff handbook!

Just with any company the essential staff are those who generate an income.Coal mines( when we used to have them!) had the miners working to produce the saleable product, in NSL/NERL its the ATCO/ATSA and engineers that actually generate the income.

The company seems to have lost sight of this and become very top heavy with a wonderful array of job descriptions that do not generate an income for the rest of the company.

As for NATSNET, good idea Frank Disclosure, i do not trust the system, or the backlash that could be comming my way if i post with regard to certain topics. The number of management Toadies with unfathamable job titles cheering at the latest bollox initiative is something to behold. Rather reminds me of the story of the Emperors new clothes!

It all used to be about A SAFE, ORDERLY AND EXPEDITIOUS FLOW OF AIR TRAFFIC.

Not any more is it mores the pity!

Last edited by man friday; 31st May 2009 at 21:25.