PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2009, 09:54
Baz50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dezso

Your post makes very good sense and I agree with everything you have said with one exception by comparing pilots and flight attendant with doctors and nurses.

That is a little unfair to nurses to be classed on the same level as flight attendants. Nurses unlike flight attendants are skilled workers and their duties are far more important.

Perhaps you comparison should have been the differance bewtween doctors and hospital porters.(no offence to hospital porters)

Nurses have to train for 3 or 4 years before they can perform their important duties, not 5 weeks like flight attendants do.

No offence to flight attendants either they do a damned good job and should be grateful they have such a wonderful job. I agree most of them probably understand the current financial situation their employer is in and are willing to change.

I have spoken to a two BA cabin crew who are my neighbours and they seem very reasonable and realise things much change in order for them to have a job in the future.

It is clearly the vocal minority of hard line Bassa supporters that are bringing the rest of them down.

Bassa are unlikely to win this one, my opinion is it is all about power.