PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2009, 07:19
Dezso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be fair the people who fly the aircraft should be earning significantly more money than the fight attendants. I am led to believe that the flight deck have to train at great cost in monetary terms and time.

How long does it take to train to be a flight attendant? I hate to be so blunt but being a flight attendant is an unskilled job and I am sure that it will be far easier to recruit them than the Pilots.

When comparing the two jobs it should be the same as comparing a Doctor and a Nurse, it is obvious that the Doctor will earn a significant amount more.

And on a separate note i am shocked at some of the posts on here, the world economy is in dire straights, millions of people are losing their jobs and it is obvious that this will impact on what people are prepared to pay to fly. I have had to cut right back on my travel budget!! We are encouraged to make conference calls, and if we fly we can only fly Premium Economy, on the cheapest ticket. I do not believe that BA has made up the figures that have been announced recently and I really genuinely fear for your company. This is a time when you should be all working together to pull through this mess, if you don't it will only be a matter of time before you are no longer a going concern. Reading between the lines it appears that the unions are bombarding you with lots of propaganda.