PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1,750 jobs to go at Qantas
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2009, 05:20
coronet.blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twiggs Silly Assumptions

As a middle manager for a multinational beverage corporation I spend a great deal of time overseas.I do not travel exclusively with Qantas.I do however use Cathay Emirates and Singapore.These are all Qantas'peer airlines.
I have also used Ryanair on occasion when in Europe
The level of service these airlines provide is consistent with the numbers of personnel they have at the coalface.More check in and groundstaff.More Cabin Staff.An IFE system that works.An ontime departure regime far superior to that of Qantas.
In fact Qantas' main competitors offer more of everything simply because they have more people at the front line.
Yet I read the Qantas is going to cut staff levels at the customer interaction point.
Not the smartest thing to do for a supposed "premium"carrier
Qantas Service levels will drop yet again.
Watching Qantas CC race around a jumbo trying to provide a level of service that they have no hope of achieving is very sad.
Watching beleaguered Qantas check in staff deal with long waiting irate passengers is equally sad
Twiggs you are obviously a Qantas employee but you are defending the indefensible.
Your airline is in decline and has been for almost ten years.
In a nutshell you dont employ enough people to provide premium service on the ground or in the air.
Apparently do you employ enough managers to run the bureaucracy of a third world government
That is why Qantas will eventually be equivalent to a third world airline.
If it isnt already.
I'm a customer.
Listen to your customers Qantas.Or soon you wont have any

Last edited by coronet.blue; 31st May 2009 at 05:30.