PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat Captains in SIA..!!
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2009, 02:48
777vs330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The company just made more than 1billion POST TAX profit and yet the point is not clear to some. Even if the downturn sustains, there's no way that SQ will even make a loss in any quarter. And now we have expats who are drumming for all of us to take the 3 days CNPL simply because the management tells you that it's bad? How about this, have you ever thought why they never even wanna discuss with ALPAS the cost savings they are looking at to keep all the pilots right now? And why is it that after ALPAS offers to take paycut, but restorable if the company does stay in the black and it was OUTRIGHT rejected by management?
The answer is very simply, too simple. They want it exactly the way they planned it. The management knew it too well that we do have our CA (I know it a piece of lame Collective Agreement, but we still do have one) to address any poor performance financially. They have to come up with new excuses that we should not be seeing loss but to PREVENT it. Now again, my sources told me that not a problem with ALPAS, but why the refusal in restoring the pay loss if we do make profit? And by the way, why stop at 3 days CNPL? Why not take 10 so that everyone will keep their jobs for sure? The sad news is, IF we accept this, this IS a precedence set for future cost management. Which means, even in good times; if they have excess pilots, you will get CNPL.
Now before anyone of you start shooting, consider this; most if not ALL the locals, and even the sensible expats will agree that we are all willing to consider anything. ONLY if there's a channel to pay us back the pay deduction IF the financial result shows otherwise. I'm sure from most other countries where the expats came from, it's unthinkable that the expats will even have such strong voice to begin with. Let alone trying to just see things from the opportunistic SVP circular and support it blindly.
I for once, am supporting ALPAS as from all the statements from the council, I see all sincerity in offering solution. It's the management side that's trying to play unethical game here. There's no freaking way that we should take the CNPL without a clause to back ourselves up,period.