PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign AOCs based in Australia
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2009, 23:17
feenix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apache, I agree totally however I am not sure as to the agreements between Aus and NZ but Leadsled seems to know what he is talking about. I appreciate that CASA may not be any safer than other authorities but just by the lack of survellance by both CASA and their home authority gives these operators almost carte blanch. Although CASA has no commercial authority over such operators the mere fact they did not pay to achieve or to maintain an AAOC gives them a massive advantage over other small operators who do have an AAOC .
Chimbu ,I hear what you are saying from individuals within CASA but as an organisation and watchdog there seems to be very little action
Leadsled "However, in principle, you can use an aircraft and crews of any ICAO state on an Australian AOC." I am saying that Australian operators are using foreign aircraft on a foreign AOC to bypass Australian requirements and negate the cost and time to establish an AAOC for their operations while they are obviously based in Australia and have nothing to do with their home authority except paper shuffling thereby achieving a massive commercial advantage.