PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2009, 16:12
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This And That

Regle. May things soon return to normal, and your most welcome posts be resumed soon. Excused boots chit in post.

ICARE, your concern is appreciated, and will certainly bear it in mind. However in my case, I am very fortunate I still have family and relatives , who would be here at the ‘drop of a hat’ if requested.

UNIONJACK. Thanks for that. The nearest I got to Latin was the book reproduced below. This was of great assistance to our import/export business Hemswell / Naples /Hemswell, to be described later (I hope)

Insert book

ANCIENT AVIATOR, & TOW. Help . Require a bit of input from you aircrew friends.( Is that vicariously ?)

Searching my records for items on Bottesford, I came across a letter (1994) from John (ex Halton app, and pilot), which I read, and considered it could be of some interest, so reproduce two of the pages ( not consecutive) below. The reference to ‘elderly gentlemen, ‘ seems far nicer than O.A.P., and reminds me of some of the stories he has told me about ex Halibag pilots sitting in the Elvington Halifax, pilots seat. Also reminds me of the story he told me about taking a flat sheet of Perspex to the N.A.A.F.I , and heating it in the oven, until it became pliable enough to form an astrodome.
Insert two pages

Insert pic of John.
Pic of John.
John on my 250cc New Imperial, on Scarboro race course, must be pre-war as there is no blackout mask on the headlamp, and he is not wearing L.A.C’s propeller. I am sure John doesn't mind me reproducing the above ,as we did discuss the matter some time ago.

Should be watching the Cup Final , but never did enjoy watching other people do things.