PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving away from the lightning bolt
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2009, 15:28
Herc-u-lease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've thought about this for a while before answering. My initial knee-jerk reaction was Link-16 - that is a starting point for NEC. Then I read Sun Who's further posts about what needs to shift.

I then thought "it must be the DEC"; then i considered that without a clearly defined requirement, .ppt data clouds and lightening bolts will stay just that.

Then does it come from doctrine? maybe, but is that not of a slightly higher level than getting into nuts and bolts of "what real time data and where"?

I don't think it comes from universities; they provide concepts and industry picks up on them and shows lightening bolts and data clouds to 3* who are (not unreasonably) impressed by the concept.

So i've gone round in a circle and the only thing i can think of is that it is about requirement definition and execution. Is there any single group looking at the holistic thinking? i would like to think so, but one of the key problems we face is the effective integration of information and data technologies to provide workable data across all 3 services.

Does it answer the question? probably not, but it has let me procrastinate from coursework for a while.