PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 30th May 2009, 11:09
White Hart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It's our company, it's time we stood up and fought for it."

already too late for some of us, and probably for a good few more.

same old problem, though. The issue here is not simply a case of an annual pay rise. There is far more to it than that, and the money factor is only one part of the overall problem. Here we see (yet again) ATCOs arguing about how much money they should get, and the rest of us trying to argue a case for retention within the Company. Game over for us as long as the ATCOs fail to admit that there is a (safety/workload) case for having sufficient support staff, and then have the balls to stand up to retain them. ( unless of course you think there isn't a case for having support staff and you can and will do it all yourselves ) Like I said earlier, the support tasks are not going away - they are just being redistributed to yourselves in many cases. Whatever happened to the argument for providing a SAFE and EFFICIENT air traffic service??

yep, I accept you have to argue the case for extra pay, but you've already blown your strength and potential for aggressive strategy at the negotiating table by rolling over on the pension changes, and now you're all fannying around waiting to see what Mgmt have in mind for you next about pay, conditions, rosters, contracts, NERL/NSL - you name it.

Prospect and its members must draw a line in the sand and do it now! You must look further than just the pay issue. If you don't stop the rot now, then you are making the rod that will help to break your own backs later on.

FWIW, I am certain you will receive 100% support from PCS and its members - FFS, they sorely need to know that you really and truly value them and their input as part of the ATC service, and they definitely need your support just to remain a viable part of the operation in the future.