PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pig flu and an economic crisis...
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2009, 09:52
Bradley Marsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

What defies understanding is why so many are educated (= brainwashed) by the media. Is it because they are too lazy to get off ther ar*ses and click on a few links and get the factual info from the worlds experts. Many posters here would rather offer half baked opinions from their limited personal experience or relay the misinformed views of that scion of factual reporting - popular press journalism.

When you don't know about something then go find experts and be guided by their advice. It is what we (and I do hope that most of the folks posting here meet that criteria) do as professional pilots. Why should any other field of expertise be any different? Only a fool ignores expert opinion .. particularly when the stakes are high.

In the case of the pandemic potential of Influenza A H1N1/2009 you might like to start with Dr Robert Webster (St Judes) and acknowledged as the worlds foremost expert on Influenza. Perhaps Dr Michael Osterholm, Epidemiologist - head of CIDRAP and adviser to a number of US administrations, Dr Albert Osterhaus of The Erasmus Institute in The Netherlands, Dr Lance Jennings from Christchurch NZ, Dr John Oxford - UK, How about The World Health Organisation, or berhaps the CDC is the US? Folks these are the worlds best and brightest in the field of virology and epidemiology. They are all singing from the same hymn book about this virus. Why aren't you discussing their expert opinions?

If someone chooses to wallow in ignorance that is their right. They are welcome to it but I'll never understand it.

My interest in this is passing info onto my professioanl aviation colleagues and any one else that may be interested. If you have nothing positive to offer then please just switch back to the footy or whatever else you use to avoid thinking.