PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this Legal ? - Flight school Chief Pilot and Airline Pilot at the same time?
Old 30th May 2009, 03:52
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Apache

The role of Chief Pilot, in a company of that size, is specifically required to be full time under the appx in the CAOs.

There is no such requirement placed on the position of CFI, although common sense might suggest that this also would need to be a FT position in such an organisation.

Can someone please explain to me the position of "Deputy CP"? Last time I put up a candidate for that position I was told (by CASA) that there is no scope for such an approval or appointment, and further that CASA could not issue an approval for a Chief Pilot unless the previous CP was resigning, ie: a company cannot have 2 approved Chief Pilots.

SMS777

Regardless of Slice's success or otherwise in his aviation career, I think it is legitimate to question how a company can obtain advantage while aparrently in blatant breach of the CAO's applicable to everyone else.

Why should my operation work so hard to remain compliant (at significant cost) when the operator down the road can breach the rules with impunity? It is nice to occupy the moral high ground, but...