PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did anyone find training as hard as I do?
Old 30th May 2009, 01:33
benish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abingdale
What I don't understand is why nowadays anybody without any educational background can easily become a pilot?All you need is money,that's it,you can have 300 extra hours but you will still get the license.I feel like that's the main reason profession is becoming less and less prestigious with the average salary declining every year...Just think about it-not everybody can become a doctor,a lawyer,an engineer,because you need certain personal qualities and abilities to do those jobs,but many young pilots I work with nowadays are actually quite shocking...My point is there should be some kind of selection progress,probably govermental control,FTOs do not really care if you're going to kill 300 people the day after tommorrow,all they want is your money....And what do you want to hear?Something like-don't worry,everybody is been struggling throught the training,you'll be flying 737s anyway...No,that's not the case,I would say you should just take your training more seriously and WORK HARDER
If there's ever been a reason to agree with the majority of pilots I know, who think pprune is sad and negative, its that post and the rest of your posts in this topic. What ever happened to helpful advice? The airlines obviosly decided they dont need people with degrees anymore, the governemt didnt have a say, so therefore it must be seen as acceptable, which therefore means that they believe there is no lack of safety. A degree in accountancy means diddly sqwot to some recruiter. If you have the ability to fly, an fATPL then why cant you fly! Trade workers arent exactly special in the brain department but they are emplyed to do the job they have been trained in, and skilled to do.

Quote:
I still had to pass my PPL, CPL, IR, ME, ATPLs and TR.
Anybody can do it,nothing to be proud of.
That suggests to me your not proud of your achievement. Lighten up.

Quote:
Does the fact that "daddy" paid for my TR make me less of a pilot?
It doesn't make you less of a pilot,it makes you less of a man responsible for himself.
So what someone had the training paid for, who knows he may owe that money back. But in this economy its a nice thing, if your parents are willing to help and want to SUPPORT there child then so be it, saves them interest at a bank.

Quote:
Do you have a problem?
Yes,I have.The aviation industry smells very bad nowadays only because of people like you.You cannot judge properly,you just make assumptions.I'm not going to reply to you anymore,because I feel like you're not educated enough for a proper discussion.Cheers
Backs up my first point.

The difference between me and you is that I earned my way to the flight deck and you simply bought it So I think from this point of view I've got more authority,than you,to judge about personal abilities needed to complete the training successfully
Why? Whether it was given to someone on a plate or not, why does that mean they cant judge how to successfully become a pilot? They still went through the training and experienced it didnt they? Or did daddy just wave a magic wand and put them in the RHS?

your instructor taught you to fly the airplane,but he hasn't made a real man out of you and I think nobody ever will
Shameful