PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2009, 00:37
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing about ANA is that they hire people and not just a resume, for starters all members of the interview panel are retired check airmen with more time in heavy Boeings and evaluating pilots than my kids have been alive so there aren't many resumes that will star struck these guys, If you know what I mean!

One very important part of the application is the autobiography section and I can't stress this enough, DO NOT LEAVE THIS PART UNFILLED!!!! Why? this is your opportunity to catch their attention and raise your hand above the crowd ( one 10,000 hour resume looks like the next 10,000 hour resume if you have 2,000 of them laying around, Right?) Tell them about you, how you started flying, tell them a "there I was on my c172" story and what you learned from it. This is a very pilot oriented company and the hiring is still done by pilots, HR just gathers and corrects the paperwork, they want to get a sense that you are interested in this gig because you want to be here and appreciate the opportunity and not just because it is a good place to wait out your recall, you dig?

Your competition is fierce, there is no denying that! but in my 27 years in the business I'm yet to find a gig where it wasn't

Good luck