PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Degree Courses+Flying Training
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2009, 23:22
rahulras1993

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Degree Courses+Flying Training

Hi All,

Okay I am 16 years old, going to get out of school (+12) in about nine months, I am Indian born but living in Kuwait , so here is the deal I want a degree course+ Flying. But I want to know what some of the degree courses offer for jobs?

Well I have a few universities that I have checked out and talked with-

1. Griffith University, Australia-

Griffith University | Bachelor of Aviation - Nathan - Thats the programme structure for Bachelor of Aviation .

Well my main question is what am I suppose to do with this degree, does it really help as a backup? What fields can I get employed with this degree, does it have any good sides?\

2. Embry-Riddle,USA-http://www.erau.edu/degrees/bachelor-degrees.html

There is a list degree courses there , really good ones. I don't like any engineering degrees , I am not interested in engineering, I want to take something purely Aviation or space or even Meteorology. Well I was thinking of doing The Air Traffic Managment (Air Traffic Control / Management Bachelor of Science at Embry-Riddle in Daytona Beach), but can that make me an ATC In India or do I have to train in India to be an ATC? Could you please tell me which course has the best scope in India as well?

3. Florida Insitute Of Technology,USA-

The first course I would like is this but again it comes under Bachaelor of Aviation Science , so as I mentioned in my first paragraph , what can I do with it? And does the portion have to vary? Because Griffith dosent offer the same kind of syllabus as FIT does . BS - Aeronautical Science Flight Option

The second course is BS - Aviation Meteorology Flight Option .

But if you notice this years are spread for four years, and in flying school you can get a license in about a year or so, but hear it takes four years , I understand we are doing the degree programme side by side, but how many hours do you get for that?

I met a representative from FIT and she said I could do my medical there, But I dont agree what if I am not fit enough? and I pay so much and go there and find out I cant fly. I am going to do my medical right here in Kuwait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Costs- Embry Riddle, and FIT cost the same but FIT said they would offer me a scolarship due to my marks whereas Embry Riddle dosent offer anything.

Griffith is a bit up the wall with their costs.

I want them together because I am really passionate about flying like the rest of you here and I don't think I can study some degree and not fly while I know I can attend flying school instead of going to the degree course.

Thanks for ready, have a great day