PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Undercrewed Fleets?
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2009, 20:51
Op_Twenty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact is the JO's have 'found out' many a Senior Officer. Fact is that we all no longer are responsive to 'promises' that things will improve or that 'this job' is great for promotion, we TALK to each other. We know the career aspirations of each other and refuse to accept mediocracy, which, unfortunately, we are being asked to do. It is not enough anymore. We used to be proud but now are shameful that we have allowed ourselves to be nibbled to death, by politicians! Ducks I could understand. You lose talent and experience because if you are experienced you realise that your talent will be more appreciated (not even necessarily rewarded!) elsewhere. That is the truth of the JO, it just is, question if you will. We are flying less than the Russian's were in the 90's, that is the truth. We are broken, stop pretending we're not. It is not a question of national security - it is a question of fact. Everybody's undermanned and in need - there is no money, be honest - the Government has broken us and the Senior Officer's have allowed it on their watch. (I even resent the capital G, S & O) (Box - I'm getting back in...)