PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2009, 16:06
Channex101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets get one thing clear, I never aimed or insinuated any of that about our LGW crew! So lets stop the sh*t stirring there before it even starts ok.
I mearly stated my opinion and thats how I stand, i dont have my head in the sand, (as willie so kindly put it) however i dont think we'd have that problem if the company were as honest and open as they shud be, but thats not for here!
There is no one who wants to see BA fail, and we dont want to being the company down, what is the sense in that????

As for the statement of feeling threatened by 11 month temps, why should i? i never worked with them, and nor would i as im not world wide crew, they had their choice of jobs to apply for, and i had mine. Im also not saying that they are sub standard because they are paid less.
Its easy for those this dosnt concern to sit outside looking in voicing their opinion, however if the shoe was on the other foot it would be very different. We all learn to spend within our means, and if those means are to be slashed we need to consider changes. For me, that means if i was on a wage "similar" to LGW crews, I would find it hard to afford to work, as i dont live in london.
I, as well as many other in the company are prepared to make changes, but the one thing change i refuse to accept is the T&C's of the proposed new fleet. Other than that i am happy to work long, work harder and improve my effiencey as long as my money dosnt suffer. Why should that be a problem if they offer part time to those who want it, and unpaid leave, they have already stated it will save them millions.

Oh, and just to clarify BA Citiflyer are not laying off 25 becuase of a downturn in traffic, its beacuse they have written off an aircraft in LCY and its not worth replacing as a new aircraft type arrives soon.