PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2009, 14:41
Da Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wobble2plank, I think you are trying to preach to the converted Perhaps read some of my other posts on this subject(the ones the moderator didn't delete that is) before you fire off a rant

Did you not read and digest this part of my post?
The company finds itself in a sorry state moving forwards. Matt101 is correct the longer term viability of BA is under threat. An aviation analyst comments that if cost remain the same, and income remains broadly neutral over the coming year, then BA has the potential to flounder just like Swiss, Sabena, and Alitalia. The immediate cash position remains good, but should this erode much further then all our suppliers will start to ask for payment upfront, loans obtained for new aircraft based on our cash position will not happen and BA will be unable to refinance these at a competitive rate.
But I still stand by my comment
I have said it before, but BA have cried wolf about the state of the business too many times, so why should we believe them now? The management IMHO are not making enough of an effort to convince the staff that this time is real. Perhaps they don't wish to scare away our remaining passengers.
Even Wille Walsh on ESS admits there are numerous staff members still with their heads in the sand