PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does one know whether the SMS is working?
Old 29th May 2009, 14:28
Flann1gan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I've been a bit of a lurker for a while but have only just registered so this is my first post.

Firstly, let me state my interest - I work for a software company that publishes an integrated Safety and Quality Management solution for the aviation sector, so what follows is a reference to our product, but I think its relevant for the post.

To maintain non-commercial focus I won't mention our product by name although if you are really interested, please PM me.

Our frame-work is based on a Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, and its the check/act part that can be difficult, although we think we've cracked it.

Incidents and occurence reporting and investigations are captured within customisable forms and can include an estimated $ risk value.

A robust analysis tool lets the accountable executive monitor the aggregate of incidents and isolate and prioritise areas of improvements.

Data from near misses can be captured, which means that preventative actions can be implemented before accidents occur and the $ saved can be calculated.

Does this help?