PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2009, 11:51
Channex101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As crew why should I "put up" with that we have been offered?
What we are all concerned about it that when the airline returns to profit, no matter when that is, we are thn left with what we had "put up" with.
If it was a temp measure im sure a lot of us would be more than happy to help out, we are already doing do by taking months off unpaid, signing up for part time working either temp or perm.

I dont agree with the put up or shut up statement, I am willing to do as much as poss for BA to ensure I have a job in teh future, but at the same time i need to make sure that what I "put up" with in the mean time I am able to live on, I dont just want to be working to pay to get to work!

I would also like to point out, my head is well above the sand, having worked for two airlines that are no defunct. And, I would also like to state on the "overinflated wage bill".... as a very jnr memeber of BA, I can assure you, my wage bill is FAAAAARRR from inflated.
Other departments of the airline may not be willing to support crew and BASSA, but thats BA all over isnt it, everyone for themself in this company, one thing people forget is that us uniform wearing customer facing staff are the front line of the airline, i admit everyone else has their part to play and is just as important, sometimes maybe more, but the crew are the ones who spend most time with our passengers, so they have to bear in mind, if they want premium service they need to pay premium money, if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!