PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BEng (Hons) in Aero (preferred)/ Mech
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2009, 22:40
djmarkmclachlan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Why are they not offered? I understand engineering degrees require time in labs, but so does physics yet they're a lot more available.

Unfortunately, thanks to my current job (EngTech, Royal Navy) I'm unable to do it full-time, however, will look into Embry-Riddle (have had a quick look just now). Do you know much about Embry-Riddle and what is involved? It's something I haven't came across until now.

Also, as you hinted at: I'd like my degree to be worth the paper it's written on, so I'd like to be able to it at a decent uni so I can look to use it in furthering my career instead of simply pissing money up against the wall. The OU isn't exactly the best when it comes to this, I'm led to believe? General Engineering (I looked at this while trauling through Google) seems like a waste of time and money, or maybe I'm looking at this wrong? I didn't see the modules mind you as I clicked the 'x' before that. Could you possibly give guidance towards what would be worthwhile wrt. the OU and engineering?

It's strange that there's an void - no matter what subject it is from engineering to basket-weaving, it surely makes sense for it to be available to those unable to commit to full-time study...??

I hope you do get somewhere with making this more available - I'm quite sure I'm not the only one to ever have wanted to do this!