PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Con fused - BA LCY - EDI
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2009, 22:38
Munnyspinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness,

I will say nothing more about conformance - don't need to , it's been done to death. But I'm not alone in my views. And, in fairness to BA they did sort everything out quite fairly and I have no axe to grind over that incident any more. I have no disrespect for those who wish to adhere to rules which I may regard as silly and, if I chose to avoid being bound by the same rules, that is my call.

Yes, I started one thread because I was bumped off a flight because I arrived 33 minutes before departure. The definition of late was BA's not mine. In 33 minutes I could travel from T1 to Paddington and Back by HEX. Please read the whole thread as you will see that I did thank those at BA for sorting things out.

The other threads were not overtly or deliberately anti BA but seem to have developed that way. I have no agenda and people like you will always seek to defend BA whatever - which only encourages further debate. I would refer you to some of the other postings that are objectively critical of BA. And I will repeat, I used to be a BA fan but see too much wrong with the company to remain silent. And, no, not soley because I was bumped off a flight - that would be petty. No doubt, you will draw you own misguided conclusions.

Rules need to be tested form time to time as occasionally they are absurd. Did I break any rules using my airside pass to go shopping - you tell me! But, I am pretty sure I didn't.

As regards bile, I have tried to represent my extreme views and make some good points as politely as possible without boorish, racist and abusive comment and will continue to do so. If this causes you offence then so much the better. Keep taking the pills.