PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Training Assessment 2009
Old 28th May 2009, 18:44
flybe37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't pin your hopes on this too much. I did and you need an insane amount of luck (and of course skill!) to be selected for the course
So future candidates shouldn't bother applying, as they can't pin their hopes on it? You're giving out the wrong vibe here. My advice is go for it, and if it's meant to be you'll get it.

Also, the number of spaces available varied from the start of the selection to the interview. I thought it was 12 but then it was only 7.
It was always going to be 7 or 8 places. There was so much speculation going around the group though that some ended up thinking there'd be 12 places.

Thanks! Yes, I will no doubt give it another try! Another guy I was there with had gone for it for a second time, but didn't get in either...AGAIN.
After all the apparent bad press you've just given Etihad, you might want to think twice before applying again... Etihad staff DO read this forum regularly you know. As for the guy who'd gone for it a second time, yes that was extremely disappointing for him.

There was also another person who got through who was going for meals with one of the interviewers after the interviews but prior to the results coming out.
Is that any different to going out for drinks with one of the interviewers, whilst out in Abu Dhabi?

Even if that were true, it doesn't mean (surely!) that family of staff should even be exempt from partaking in the first round of assessments and skip straight to the psychomotor and interview...?
Surely the fact that he passed the psychomotor test, personality profile, additional spatial awareness tests AND the interview shows that he's a good candidate? Just because he didn't partake in the first round doesn't mean you should be bitter. In all likelihood he probably would have passed with similar results.

Have you seen the recruitment process? Have you spoken to people on the course? If not then I would leave it at that...
Yes, and yes.

Anyway - that's enough on the matter. Congratulations to the guys who got in and commiserations to the ones who didn't.