PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Con fused - BA LCY - EDI
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2009, 18:28
Munnyspinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grounded,

I know you can be slow sometimes but....

The analogy was meant to highlight the fact that the bus company had not managed to convey to its staff what really mattered to the customers. Punctuality was everything to the extent that the buses didn't even stop for the pax. Irony - geddit?

If conformance works then to abandon conformance would certainly result in delays? - I don't belive that it would. I think conformance is an idea that was introduced to assist BA in the early stages of T5 when wayfinding was not established ( actually, I think it is still confusing compared with some other airports but has improved - maybe its just me?).

The punctuality push went much further than simply conformanace and BA can now point to much better stats. However, I think the results have been achieved due to the combination of factors. Slavishly hanging onto conformance means that we will never find out if this is the key to improved punctuality or not. But, I know that I am not the only passenger that feels it is overkill.

If BA want to discriminate between different tiers in the exec club that might be a start.