PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1ACC / RAF Kirton in Lindsey / RAF Scampton future
Old 28th May 2009, 15:32
FNU_SNU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, what does the 'control and reporting centre—CRC—at RAF Scampton' do? It sounds like a regional surveillance unit (I'm currently learing about the ATC and ABM trades). I was at Scampton for 3 years until the end of 07 and never knew it was there.
There were rumours when I was there that 1 ACC was be comming along with the SFC from Boulmer, and TCW from Brize. There is apparently problems as there was a combined mess, with the officers mess unfit for habitation (problems replacing the windows as it's a listed building), and all the juniors accomodation out of bounds due to asbestos.
I heard they were going to ship guys backwards and forwards at weekends and the guys would have to live in tents!
They are selling off even more married quarters as I speak and there'll be next to nothing left.
There were also rumours that the Damb Busters film would be filmed in situ, (the original was filmed at Scampton and Kirton Lindsay down the road, but is now completely civilianised).