PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Con fused - BA LCY - EDI
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2009, 15:07
Munnyspinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSLF,

Your remarks about BA remind me of a bus company whose revenues on a particular route started to falter. The FD asked the Ops director to look into things. He came back and sid he couldn't understand why there was problem. The buses were new, clean and operated toa very strict schedule.

Not satisfied, the FD decided to do a bit of his own reseach and joined a bus queue on that route. After two buses sailed past form his own company he ened up taking a rival service. The ops director was questioned and the drivers brought in to answer for themselves. The answer they gave solved the mystery - "If we stopped at every stop we wouldn't be able to keep to the timetable!"

BA may become the world's most punctual airline yet - if only they could unburden themselves of the self loading freight! I may have militant views but, the more I read on these pages and hear from others I am not alone in my belief that BA have lost the plot and that T5 conformanace is only the tip of a customer unfriendly iceberg ( ironic as I was once told the project name to move BA into T5 was - Snowball!)

Last edited by Munnyspinner; 28th May 2009 at 15:19.