PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CabAir and FlyBE Sponsorship-How are students doing now?
Old 28th May 2009, 10:25
skyhighbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kempus said:

I'm still in the pool and talk to the company regularly and they see no recruitment until 2010 so I'm now 2/3yrs ahead of my piers with my career who decided to wait to see if something comes round!
G-SXTY said:

For nearly a year now, those of us who actually work in the industry have been telling anyone who'll listen that this is an awful time to be training, and that the job market for 200hr CPLs (or MPLs) will be grim for at least the next 2 to 3 years
If that is the case, then the question still remains - why is your airline still "sponsoring"? There are X-thousand hour pilots out there without jobs (and this will be the case for those 2-3 years you are talking about) so I highly doubt that the hold pool of ?20? is too much of a problem with these out-of-work pilots ready in a second (in reference to OttoThrottle's analogy from 2003)?

Airlines do not owe pilots anything - let alone 0hr cadets. So I maintain that Flybe do not even lose a penny on their schemes (even if their mentored cadets never actually get a job with Flybe).