PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 28th May 2009, 01:12
wanabeeCapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We attended the oral interviews today. We were down to a mere 13. We had 15 minutes each in front of a panel consisting of the Chief Pilot, the Fleet Manager and the HR head. They never introduced themselves but from what I hear, that was the usual panel.

It was a queer interview so to speak. First I was greeted warmly and asked to sit. Then the HR head(a lady) gave me a form and asked me to fill it even as the questions started flying. It was a sort of a multi-tasking, dual-response kind of test because at any point that I would stop writing to answer a question, she would insist that I continue filling the form.

You might be wondering what the form contained...the usual actually. Your full names, date of birth, postal address, level of study, results etc. The hard part was actually filling in accurate information as you explain why you want to be a pilot etc. The questions themselves were not too hard. It was more of a get-to-know-you interview whilst scribbling on the annoying form thing.

But one thing was clear, everything filled in the form as your mind was preoccupied with processing the captains' questions and formulating the appropriate answers would undoubtedly be the brutal truth. Thank goodness I didn't lie in my CV otherwise the annoying form would have spoken volumes.

@bond7, luck is on your side. KQ recently put up an advert for the Direct Pilot Entry Recruitment. And you guessed right, a CPL is is a prerequisite among other qualifications. Take a look at this link.

http://career.kenya-airways.com/careers/

@flyingzombie and aspiringpilot, that is very modest from the both of you. Do not give up on your career
dreams in the meantime.

@chitor and chetekei, do fill us in on the "tail end" mystery. When did you guys do your aptitudes and medical?

Last edited by wanabeeCapt; 29th May 2009 at 00:59.