PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair threatens it's pilots, again.
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2009, 21:57
BongleBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jesus christ you guys need to get a hobby. this isn't good for your health.

The rest of us will do our bit to draw the line.
That's all fine until something needs to actually be done - not just written by an alias on some forum. But you wont will you. There wont be any action by the average pilot, because they don't care enough. That's all I was saying- I was admitting to be being one of them.

BB - I can't speak for your pay increases, but I have certainly had pay cuts in my time here! Not to mention conditions which have been flittered away over the years by successive impotent ERCs.
And I can't speak for your pay cuts - I wasn't saying paycuts haven't occured, I know they have. All I said was they haven't happened to me. I joined as a second officer, then first officer, then was lucky enough to get one of the 'old style' senior first officer contracts. When I joined the company I was working 5/3. Then it improved to 5/4. Yes, there have been some changes that are negative, but to me getting that single extra day off is worth more than several subtle changes. Short sighted? Maybe. But that's up to me.

I will repeat my point again: when balpa or repa actually put together a solution then I know I will be hoping for union recognition. But until that point, I am keeping my head down.

But maybe I got it wrong - so can you provide an single example of a promise made by REPA?
Ok, promises was the wrong choice of word. However, I am sick of hearing how much better it will be when repa have power - when will this happen?! That's what I want to know. On the other hand, I am more sick of the awful, immature behavoir of ryanair management (we all know who the individuals are) when they send out the propaganda posters. It's just like scribbling 'repa sucks' on the toilet walls at a primary school. Both sides need to get their act together.