PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French snub the Queen over D-Day 65th
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2009, 17:15
Icare9

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I too was speechless that the sacrifices made to liberate the Occupied Countries could be so callously treated, but then Browns lot didn't think the 65th Anniversary should be a special commemoration in any way. No thought that it could be the last time most of them will be around or fit enough to make the trip again.
What is it with Labour that in the last 10 or so years, all they have done is make us a laughing stock to the rest of the world?
Selling of the gold reserves, Blair thinking he's UK President, MP's claiming every penny they can gouge from us and then squealing about bankers bonuses, military ordering fiascos where the object seems to be how to throw away as much money as possible on projects which the man in the street would have pointed out were false to begin with, morale at rock bottom in all walks of life and to cap it all,most of the cabinet are of Scottish persuasion and just seem to be p1ssing all over the rest of the UK.
Still, I suppose the French need to have something to celebrate, how they carried out a strategic withdrawal and then came back when the nasty Germans had gone away.
Remind me again just how many French troops were rescued from Dunkirk as well as our own? And what about Marshal Peestain? What did he do in the War Daddy?
The sooner Her Maj tells Broon to go, the better. What did we do to deserve them?