PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas/AABO
Thread: Atlas/AABO
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2009, 15:11
nitty-gritty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And on a good note: The Company is giving all of the AABO pilots fresh PC's before they leave so they are current, and may be able to find a new job.
Another "good boy" benefit for the "non union strike replacement group" that was never shared with the union guys when we got furloughed and the currently furloughed ones. Seems to be a little more salt in the union guys wounds as they depart, but at least the end is nearing on that thorn in the side.

I realize it is bad form and sour grapes of me to be this way, but I don't remember any concern from the AABO contingent when our guys were regularly furloughed and down graded while they enjoyed being employed and upgraded at the same time.

A large number of them realized what they joined up for. If not immediately, soon afterwards. The smart ones left as soon as they got enough qualifications and a job offer to move on. The others (42 remaining out of what had been about 175) could not get placement elsewhere or just thought the joyride was never going to end.

I think our "best wishes" would be better spent on those that are currently furloughed and downgraded at mainline (repeated many times over the years) vs those that tried to stay on the joy ride at AABO.