PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taxi with passengers not seated
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2009, 12:23
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question from one who deals with the SLF and doesn't understand!!

Hi Guys hope you don't mind a gatecrash to the tech log forum

I work for a certain loco carrier whose SOP's say the SLF have to be seated on taxi....we don't move unless all slides are armed. In fact the the SOP's go on to say the SLF carers aka the CC can only be up for safety related duties....."simples" to understand even for a CC manager and a base captain or is it??? I'm confused because what happened to my friend, an ex fellow SCCM, could happen to me and I would like clarity. Thank god for this thread

Aircraft comes to stop in XXX. Seatbelt sign switched off which as per SOP is SCCM's instruction to disarm slides. The following is what happened next to the best of my knowledge:
  • Disarm doors command given to CC by SCCM
  • Jolt felt to plane from behind prompting SCCM to delay disarming of allocated door and to contact F/D
  • No response from F/D so SCCM follows SOP. No apparent need to evacuate so disarms own door.
  • Without prior warning plane then taxi's some distance with all doors disarmed, SLF in aisles, seatbelt signs still off and emergency exits blocked.
On disembarking SCCM approaches F/D to find out what happened as she needs to file CSR due to breach of safety procedures etc.

Told by F/D no need to report anything Is there??