PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CabAir and FlyBE Sponsorship-How are students doing now?
Old 27th May 2009, 10:26
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

8 friends of mine worked for Excel, all "sponsored" however all training agreement loans were in the cadets name. Excel went bust and the cadets kept all the debt.

Luckily all 8 have now got jobs elsewhere (all flying may I add!). I'd just look carefully at what you sign and and understand there is very little in the meaning of "sponsorship" these days!

Same goes with being in a holdpool! It isn't a job but just a short listing should "positions become available". I've been in a holdpool for almost 2yrs now. When I was in the pool I was offered something else (abliet not the best if you know what I mean) and took it! Glad I did tho, I'm still in the pool and talk to the company regularly and they see no recruitment until 2010 so I'm now 2/3yrs ahead of my piers with my career who decided to wait to see if something comes round!

If offered go for it it but just take the rose tinted specs of for a sec! Then you can put them back on and enjoy it!

Nothing in life is guarenteed except taxes and death and this cant be said more so than in aviation!

Kempus