PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CabAir and FlyBE Sponsorship-How are students doing now?
Old 27th May 2009, 07:43
Rollerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight training be it sponsored, part sponsored, mentored or self sponsored is a pay your money take your chance business. It makes not a bit of difference what scheme you are on, an airline has to protect themselves and their bottom line. If unfortunately that means placing students in a hold pool or canning them all together they will do that.

Numerous schemes have fallen foul; BA cadets on a number of occasions, Thomson mentored schemes during the merger, Netjet schemes, CTC Easyjet schemes and now Flybe to name but a few.

If Rio Scot is correct which I am sure he/she is then the only hope for those guys is that recruitment begins again. In many of my previous posts I have stated that I am sure Flybe will begin recruitment again within 6 months and I still feel the same.

As for self sponsored students I realise that the back up of type rated pilots, sponsored and CTC cadets will cause a lul in recruitment even after things have started moving again. You have to continue to be proactive and not loose the faith things will improve, it took me 3.5 years of heart ache after self sponsoring but since then I have never looked back.

Roller