PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Utilities Cap
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2009, 06:34
sanddune 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Can it get any worse?

Gentlemen, I am absolutely beside myself with this latest addition to the Emirates obvious cost cutting scheme !!! As you can all see from my post, I am new to PPrune as well as to Emirates. I left my other flying job (which was deteriorating into pure crap!) dragged self & family to what I thought was a greener pasture, with better opportunity, and a great contract, - Only to watch with utter disbelief, my contract be completely dissasembled, eroded, taken away, and lets face it blatently "broken" !!!
Since joining some months ago, we have lost our ALD, overtime, days off, rostering reg's, housing allowance, meal allowance at some destinations, and now - in a place where Im finding it damn difficult to make ends meet with my constantly declining FO salary, and constantly increasing inflation, they want to cap my water and Electricity !!!!! And at a cap that seems is so low, it would'nt cover a person living in a one bedroom flat comfortably? !!! Something has to give!!!!! I am seriously considering legal action, as I am sure I have a case - what with all the complete breaks in the Terms & Conditions of my contract !!!!

I don't know if it has been done here before, but I cannot live with this current climate (no pun intended) here at Emirates!!!!!
I did not come here to sweat my ass off in the desert for a low wage, crap conditions - in a contract that "the managment" seems able to change at a moments (oh, sorry - not even a moments notice do they give us!!!) notice, only to now be told "You will now pay for anything over 21600dhs on your utilities bills" What the hell is this place coming too?

We came to Emirates because it was considered "The premier carrier" in the Middle East, but at this rate it seems they will soon be the worst!!!!

If EK wants to save a little $dingee on Elec&Water, put out some communication on how to do it, maybe some reccomendations, practices, articles. Maybe give a little incentive for guys to cut back a little. Tell our collegues who are way, way, way over the "usual average amount" to cut back a bit, but do not just come in and implement some ridiculous "cap" for everyone. Thats just plain "cap crap" !!!

Whats next? I guess they will start charging me 10% interest on my "interest free" car loan - and make it retro-active!!!! Damn! I've given them a great idea!!! I am going to "consult" with a legal advisor, there has to be some recourse for us, because this whole thing is spiralling down and there does'nt seem to be any stop in sight.

Pissed off in my Sanddune!