PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Utilities Cap
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2009, 06:22
EKASR mute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read the latest email regarding how we are supposed to contribute to the environmental policy (and save the company money) and I am completely aghast by this latest attempt to erode the contract I entered into with EK which states that all out utilities are provided.

It is clear that the excuse by the company to use the government’s policy on the environment is a load of tosh. Why, because they would have given us a cap based upon average Kw and literage used and NOT the Dhs21,600 stated. If we had a target of volume to achieve, then we would know where we stood and could make amends to our lifestyle to achieve that.

Why is this an issue; simplistic rampant inflationary rises in the cost of utilities will mean this is directly passed onto us… and we will all eventually pay for these utilities. Here are but a few examples to prove this; the rise in school fees has seen another hit taken by those with children with no change to the company ESA, inflationary busting RPI figures occurring for consumer products with no bonus (understandable given the profit that the bosses must share) however the incremental yearly pay increase has been declined based on all our individual performances being poor for this year, etc ,etc, etc..

If the government were serious about environmental issues, the water leaking all over the road on the way to Mirdiff for a few days last week would have been repaired immediately instead of the 5 days it actually took.

This is clearly about reducing the contractual package ie cost to EK; for if it was about the environment then the target would be the volume used and not the cost... EK management, you must stop insulting the average person’s intelligence because when the market picks up, all your brainless policies aimed at eroding our contracts might just bite you in the behind!!