PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Utilities Cap
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2009, 02:58
Not from here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI,
I live in 5 bedroom Arabian Ranches with pool and small garden, total plot size 7500 sqft . I have paved a lot and have reduced the grass area, 3 adults in the house,
We are very careful with water and aircon usage everything on timers and aircon set at 24deg c,
No washing of paths, cars out of a bucket and no doors open with aircon on. I have also used door seals etc around the house.

The last 12 months have a total DEWA bill of 24462.95 ( not including Housing fee) so monthly average 2038,

Some things you will need to consider the water is charged in slabs so above 6000 gal a month price goes up from 3 fil to 3.5 and above 12000 to 4 fils a gallon you also pay for sewerage which is 0.5 fils which is calculated on the water you use (always been a mystery) ie 12000 gals of water in 12000 gals of sewerage out, our water consumption for me is around 30,000 per month so is a pretty constant charge of 1100 dhms a month,
Electricity is around 3000 units in the winter peaking to 8000 units in August so the aircon are a big cost again they run a slab system of charging 24 fils 2000/4000 28fils 4000-6000 > 6000 33 fils

Not sure if the company will charge the Housing fee which those of us on the outside pay it varies greatly but as far as I can tell is based on 5% ( though I have no official documents) of the rentable, However some pay some do not !!! Mine is 9300 per year,

Think you need to ask ED that one as if you are paying water Elect and Housing fee, then the 21600 will leave you well out of pocket.
It would seem that 25000 would be a fair figure for a medium size Villa though think they should look at where you live ie apartment or large Villa a pro rate it, and also there is different system for nationals they either pay nothing or have a reduced slab system not sure how that will effect EK National pilots that live in company accommodation.

As for the reason being purely green, if you believe that I have some really good real estate investments you may want to consider

Keep discovering