PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chieftain Crash at Rand Airport
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2002, 20:24
Gunship
GunsssR4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"erroneously altering the pilot’s Operating Handbook"

".....and the pilot for having erroneously altering the pilot’s Operating Handbook"

Whodunnit and Jockstrap,

A loss of a pilot is always a sad occasion - ask me I have lost PLENTY friends over a 25 years career in flying. (Needless to say I was in the SAAF during the old bush war.)

I do not wanna sound like an old daddy but I had a serious crash last year in which I lost my first passenger in 25 years / 7000 hours / 4000 on heli's (bush war) so the Old Man has looked after me. Double engine cut in a heli that can not fly on one engine ... after take off .. ton overweight (when I started translating the russian books the RIGHT way ) ... all I further want to say it made me a better person and I will NEVER just blame a pilot or blame an aircraft for that matter.

Ok to get to my point .. sorry sidetracked ...

Thanks for the full report from Trevor, but please can anyone tell me how can the" .... and the pilot for having erroneously altering the pilot’s Operating Handbook" ... if the pilots operating handbook is like an Aerrad : Did he put the wrong aircraft spec at the wrong place or what ?? Just sounds very strange ??

All the best and once again - my thanks to everyone that assisted in getting this report out - and it looks like a thorough one on top of it!

Best regards to the friends and family still in grief.

Cheers

Last edited by Gunship; 15th May 2002 at 21:50.