PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA056 JNB-LHR Incident.
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2009, 20:24
Pinkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heavy Heavy

You're reading harshness where none was intended. What I was trying to understand is what led them to make the choices that they did when so many scenarios presented themselves in a few seconds. Thats all. If you PM me your address I will happily send you the cost of a second round in the pub for your colleagues. When I lived in RSA I flew that service often, either directly or via a Comair feeder when the CPT-LHR service was full. As I said in my post...much respect.

[Edit] Now we begin to get answers: SkyBoeingEngineer indicates that there was mtce carried out. I assume that would have been briefed in the handover. So that more or less answers my question about why they did what they did. The Rev Unlocked lights didn't 'just come on'. They came on during the t/o roll following prior operation of the T/R on the ground by mtce. The crew made the choices they did, not illogically, but with the knowledge that it was likely to be spurious and that it would have caused the inboard L/E devices to retract. Thats all I wanted to know.

Last edited by Pinkman; 26th May 2009 at 20:58.