PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2009, 14:53
traveller93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem remains....

Aside those 10 pilots accepted by 5J, who now have some sort of guaranteed employment, what will happen to the other >100 cadets at CA?

Believing they can be divided into 3 groups:

1 - Partly 5J sponsored
2 - Filippino self-sponsored
3 - Foreigner self-sponsored

Then what are the plans being implemented to resolve these situations?

Groups 1 and 2 (mainly #1) have(?) some chance to be absorbed by 5J just because they are Filipinos.

Group 3 have an enormous problem because they cannot be employed in the Filippines, and will have a worthless piece of paper if and when they eventually graduate from CA.

Do any of the enlightned commentators of this forum have any idea how to resolve this issue?

It is worth to remember that Alpha Aviation, as a corporation, took their money under the promise that the MPL would be accepted worldwide and employment granted (Filippines, Kazakhistan, Indonesia, England, etc. etc.).

Even today, Alpha Aviation is advertising their Sharjha academy without alerting the candidates to the airline sponsoring aspect of the MPL training and, I'm afraid, the whole nightmare will most probably be repeated.

So, what is the corporation Alpha Aviation doing to resolve the current problems? The operational junior management at CA must be aware of the plans. What are they? It shouldn't be a secret to the cadets.

I don't think any cadet is willing to forget all those millions of pesos paid for a service and they are entitled to get a valid pilot's licence.

I suggest that the focus be entirely on the CA cadets problems and not on the personal bickering going on at present.

Your CRM advises to concentrate on the problem....